Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is a racing game developed and published by Nintendo for the Nintendo Switch console. It is an enhanced version of the original Mario Kart 8 game that was released for the Wii U in 2014, featuring all of the original's content plus additional characters, tracks, and features. Some of the new additions include an improved Battle Mode, the ability to hold two items at once, and the inclusion of all of the DLC tracks and characters from the Wii U version. It is considered as one of the most popular and well-received games on the Nintendo Switch.
Test Mario Kart 8 Deluxe: Pass additionnel
Pros and Cons
- High replay value: With a wide variety of tracks and characters to choose from, as well as different game modes and difficulty settings, the game offers a lot of replayability.
- Fun and accessible gameplay: The game is easy to pick up and play, but also offers enough depth and challenge to keep players engaged.
- Great graphics and sound: The game features bright, colorful visuals and a catchy, upbeat soundtrack that enhance the overall gaming experience.
- New features: The enhanced version of the game includes new features such as an improved Battle Mode, the ability to hold two items at once, and the inclusion of all of the DLC tracks and characters from the Wii U version.
- Multiplayer: The game has a great multiplayer mode, it can be played locally or online which makes it fun to play with friends and family.
- Motion Control: The game supports motion control which makes it easy to play on the Switch and you can enjoy the game with different control options.
- Limited character customization: While there are a variety of characters to choose from, players do not have the ability to customize or create their own racers.
- Lack of new content: While the game includes all of the DLC content from the Wii U version, it does not have any new or exclusive content that wasn't already in the original game.
- Online mode glitches: Some players have reported issues with the online mode such as lag, connection errors, and matchmaking problems.
- Can be difficult for beginners: The game's high-speed action and complex power-up system can be challenging for players who are new to the series or to racing games in general.
- Randomness in item usage: Item usage can feel random and can be frustrating for players who feel like they are at the mercy of the game's item system.
- Lack of split screen online: The game does not support split screen online play, so players cannot race together online while sitting next to each other.