Returnal is a third-person action game developed by Housemarque and published by Sony Interactive Entertainment. It is an exclusive game for the PlayStation 5 console, and was released on April 30, 2021. The game is set on a mysterious alien planet, where the player takes on the role of a stranded astronaut named Selene. The player must navigate through procedurally generated environments and fight off hostile alien creatures in order to uncover the secrets of the planet and find a way to escape. The game features fast-paced combat, intricate and deep mechanics and a high replayability value.
Test Returnal: Would you like some balls back?
Pros and Cons
- Fast-paced, intense combat
- Complex and deep mechanics
- High replayability value due to procedurally generated environments
- Beautiful graphics and immersive audio
- Well-written and engaging story
- Difficult learning curve
- Some players may find the repetition of the procedurally generated environments to be tedious
- The game can be punishingly difficult at times
- Some players may find the controls to be clunky or unresponsive
- Players will need to have a PlayStation 5 console to play the game